This is a bit overdue from the popup, but we’ve been a bit swamped with planning our move to San Francisco. Yup…you can read all about it on the newsletter! I Forgot It’s Wednesday is heading WEST!!! Anyway…I finally got some time to do some recipe recon this weekend so I present to you…the recipe behind that really nice photo!
Chrysanthemum & Beet Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
Yield: 2 servings Prep: 30 min | Cook: 45 min | Finish: 20 min
- 2 stalks chrysanthemum, washed & spun dry, leaves only
- 1 yellow beet, peeled, quartered
- 1 red beet, peeled, quartered
- 1 candy beet, mandolined
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 T whole mayonnaise
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs tarragon, leaves only
- 1 scallion, root removed
- Salt & Pepper & Sugar
- 2 snap peas, sliced open lengthwise to show inside peas (flap discarded)
- 1 tsp salted peanuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place yellow & red beets in shallow hotel pan with a touch of salt, pepper, and olive oil. Cover with aluminum foil and roast until soft (approx 30-45 min).
- In a blender, add mayo, olive oil, tarragon, scallion and puree until smooth. Add salt, pepper, sugar to taste.
- Once beets are ready, toss with sherry & olive oil.
- Toss chrysanthemum with tarragon vinaigrette.
- Plate dish with alternating red & yellow beets, 2 candy beet slices, 2 snap peas, 2-3 chrysanthemum leaves, and a sprinkle of peanuts.